By 1900 there were 700 children packed into the Queen Street School, so in 1905 two additional classrooms were built alongside the Monitorial Schoolroom. They were later divided into three rooms, and two of them are open to the public.
One is furnished with a collection of desks and schoolroom equipment, covering the period from 1905 up to 1938.
The other covers the period from 1939 to 1969 and celebrates the final days of the school at Queen Street. It is used for the World War 2 evacuee lessons.