Weekend Cafe Staff wanted:
We are currently looking for a weekend Play Café member of staff to work with our friendly and efficient team making drinks and food, serving, clearing and making our wonderful customers feel welcome and looked after.
- Café role on Saturdays and/or Sundays in our Play Café which provides play areas for babies and pre-schoolers as well as a busy thriving café for their families and Musuem visitors.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the café out of the Manager's hours at weekends, running the café and supervising stock management.
- Role includes: preparing food, coffee, and regular maintenance of the cleanliness of the café, play area, and premises, including clearing tables, floors and waste areas.
- Full barista and food prep training given.
- Successful candidate to be a Key Holder, ensuring the correct opening and closing of the premises and security procedures. Please Note: This requires the applicants to be 18 or over.
- Cash handling, float management, and till reconciliation daily. Accurate cashing up and transfer of money into the safe at the end of the day.
- Running weekend Café events such as children's parties when needed.
- Knowledge of food, hygiene, health and safety methods desirable, but full training will be given.
- To be professional, polite, and well presented whislt providing and maintaining excellent customer care at all times.
- Reporting to the two Café Managers as your line managers, and overall to the Museum Manager.
Salary: National Minimum Wage.
Schedule: Weekends: Saturday or Sunday by arrangement.
Job prerequisites: Applicants must be over 18. All training provided.