Opportunities for 18 to 24 year-olds
Kickstart is a Government scheme to create new job placements for 18 to 24 year-olds on Universal Credit at this time of high youth employment. The placements are 25 hours a week for a total of 6 months and they are paid at the National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage (18-20 yrs: £6.56; 21-22 yrs: £8.36; 23+: £8.91).
What placements are on offer?
Applications are now open for two Museum Assistant placements which will start on 1 July 2021 and last 6 months.
If this role is not for you, please consider placements at one of our partner organisations in the East of England: see http://eastanglianlife.org.uk/kickstart
We shall provide job-specific training, as well as:
· A mentor who will work with you to set personal goals
· Training in applying for jobs, e.g. CV/application writing, practice interviews
· Transferable workplace training, e.g. health and safety
· An online peer support programme
· An introduction to different workplaces and roles across the consortium
· A programme of enrichment activities, e.g. visits, talks and discussions
To be eligible for these placements, you must be between the ages of 18 and 24 and registered for Universal Credit. You need to be referred by your local Job Centre. We are told that this process can be completed quickly, but please do not leave it till the last minute.
How to apply
You must register with the Job Centre before filling in our application form. Only applications from those that have been referred by their Job Centre work coach will be considered.
Then please download and complete these two forms:
They should both be returned to email@example.com by 12 noon on 21 May 2021.
Interviews are anticipated to take place week commencing 31 May 2021, with the two placements starting 1 July 2021.